Gooooooooooooooood morning, commentariat! Welcome to another fun day on a site devoted to hearing your comments on the comments and commenters on a site that apparently makes you feel like your comments don't matter, even though Sean Salisbury wouldn't even roast AJ unless comments were locked, so I guess our comments at least matter to him. Sean Salisbury, champion of the commentariat.
Okay, today, we enter day two of the experiment. Here's what we are going to try (h/t Sgt. Hammerclaw). Bear with me:
- Unrestricted commenting is back.
- If you post under your own name, feel free to say anything you would like. Yes, this includes negative criticism, but at least this way you will own it. It occurs to me that a lot of the posts I deleted the other day were under people's own name, and I won't be doing that anymore. It's on you if you want to call someone out, hopefully, that leads people to be more thoughtful in their critiques.
- (Even with this, try to keep your complaints about specific comments, as opposed to a global rip on a commenter. I'll exercise occasional discretion to delete shit that's out of bounds if it goes beyond critiquing a comment and turns into an attack on a commenter.)
- If you post anonymously or under a pseudonym, which is permitted, keep it positive.
- If you anonymously/pseudonymously post anything negative, including agreement with someone else's negative statement, it's gone right away. No gray areas. If you want to rip on a comment, do it like I do, and keep it under your own name. We may be adding some comment ninjas to help me enforce this.
Wow. That was unexpectedly heavy. Here's a Youtube to help you shake that out.